Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Problems after problems after problems

God... There's just so much trouble shooting when it comes to rendering...
Before this I had to format my computer again due to some issues. Mac Pro doens't like any kind of windows so I had to find a specific one. Then I install the damn thing and maya. I tried rendering but it gives me bunch of fatal errors saying I'm running out of memory. So I have to downsize everything to a minimum which means I lose quality of the piece. Then I have to apply more different kind of maps if I want to keep the details. Test render, crash, test render, crash. So fucking frustrating! I attached the guns on the lowrez model of the spawn. I think way better than the pistol and chain from before.
It's not just modeling. I wish I can just model and voila, I'm done. But then I wouldn't get hired if I did that... lol. Model > Texture > Create maps > Light > test render > Render. Each > takes so much knowledge and time. Need to understand the progress on what works and what doesn't.
It looks as if this thing should be a easy joyride but damn... so many troubleshooting on the way.
This would be much easier if Mental Ray stopped crashing on me everytime I render...

That was rant. GAH! I should move on to Renderman.

No comments: